Friday, July 18, 2008

"THE MAN WHO WALKS ON WATER" - Marilyn Ferguson's poem













Just as Peter on the lake
I set out on a quest
My boat is drifting out to sea
God puts me to the test.

The depth is deep, the width is wide
A storm is setting in
The waves are thrashing all about
I feel a fear within.














A figure looms, within the mist
I tremble in the night
He seems to walk on water
My heart is filled with fright.

Fear not says He, have courage
I do not bring you harm
For it is I who comes to save
There’s no need for alarm.

He bids me walk on water
His flowing robe, I see
But I lose faith as I step out
Upon the angry sea.














My trust is gone, I start to sink
I panic as I go
I cry out Lord, please save me
Strong winds begin to blow.

His staff is there before me
His mighty hand comes out
He plucks me from the churning sea
Why did I ever doubt.














Into the boat, the wind is still
He calms the restless sea
If He will soothe a violent storm
He’ll do the same for thee.

Oh precious child of little faith
You are His son or daughter
Look to the One who calms the sea
The Man who walks on water.
















Something2Share:

Do not have doubt. Have faith in Jesus in time of any troubles for He is always there to help us.

In Matthew 14:25-32, it was written: "During the fourth watch of the night Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. "It's a ghost," they said, and cried out in fear.

But Jesus immediately said to them: "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid."

"Lord, if it's you," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water."

"Come," he said.

Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!"

Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?"

And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. Then those who were in the boat worshipped him, saying, "Truly you are the Son of God."




















































































No comments: